With over 174 million users, LinkedIn is a professional network, much like a 24/7 Chamber of Commerce meeting or a ‘Super-sized’ tradeshow. I will start by letting you know that a LinkedIn Profile Page (for you as an individual) is different from a Company Page.
Your Profile Page allows you to:
1. Re-connect Find past and present colleagues and classmates quickly.
2. Power your career Discover inside connections when you’re looking for a job or new business opportunity.
3. Get Answers Your network is full of industry experts willing to share advice. Have a question? Just ask.
1. Showcase Show people who you are and what you do (product and services).
2. Offers You can include offers either directly on your LinkedIn Company page or by sending visitors to a landing page on your website.
3. Connect Introduce people to your other networks, blog and website as they all highlight different elements.
4. Engage with followers.
5. Strengthen word-of-mouth referrals.
If you do not have a company page, follow these easy steps (from LinkedIn’s Help Center) and view their short video.
1. Click Companies near the top of your home page.
2. Click the Add a Company link in the upper right area of the page.
3. Enter your company’s official name and your work email address.
4. Click Continue and enter your company information.
*If the work email address you provide is an unconfirmed email address on your LinkedIn account, a message will be sent to that address. Follow the instructions in the message to confirm your email address and then use the instructions above to add the Company Page.
Now, you will need to add information to the page including:
Overview Tab - This includes the basic company information and provides a high-level overview, you will also see status updates and friends and colleagues who are connected to the business.
Here’s some helpful character counts for specific fields:
- Company Name: 100 maximum characters.
- Description: 200 minimum and 2000 maximum characters.
- Specialties: 256 maximum characters.
- Website URL: 256 maximum characters.
Products and Services Tab - see LinkedIn’s guide Remember to add images, videos, your website URL links and clear direction for each category. Make use of the Spotlight feature to grab your visitor’s attention.
Company Status Updates – share what’s happening with your company. Make these updates professional, short, and engaging.
Recommendations - Consumers are depending more on word-of-mouth and referral marketing to make their buying decisions. Build confidence in your products and services with recommendations from past clients. Don’t send a blanket request to many people, target clients for whom you have recently completed a large project or sold products to. Remember to ask for recommendations for specific products or services (so you don’t end up with a general recommendation) and always say ‘Thank you”.
Recently, I shared 10 ways to use LinkedIn’s features to your Company page stand out, promote your brand and generate leads. Please feel free to view, download and share my slides.
>>>>> DOWNLOAD MY PRESENTATION SLIDES <<<<<<
…. Stay tuned as I will be creating a post for each tip so I can provide you with greater detail.
As always, I would be happy to answer your questions, respond to comments and hear your LinkedIn promotion strategies.