Owner + Creative Director
Effective design is not about the medium; it is about the message. It is the ability to convey this message to the intellect, and a feeling to the senses – whether it be on paper, on a computer screen, or communicated through the ear
Understanding this is what makes Jon Valade unique. Whether it be designing print material, WordPress website design or music in his recording studio, Jon’s approach is the same – you must convey a clear message, with simplicity, beauty and grace. His style is modern and edgy but he always keeps the client’s goals at the forefront.
Jon also believes that while creative talent is significant to the profession of Graphic Design, it is equally important to treat clients and colleagues professionally and with respect.
Jon has been developing websites and producing high impact corporate communication art in Canada since 1995 from his home in Victoria, B.C. He has a wide range of clients in Canada, the US and abroad.
Website design using the popular WordPress platform has given Jon a competitive edge, allowing unlimited creativity while providing easy updates and edits for clients.
“In an era where frequent website updates and online conversations are the key to being found in a Google search, you need to be able to communicate directly with your customers through your website,” says Jon, “ We have a product that allows people to do that easily, and retain all the advantages of excellent custom design.”
Jon’s design experience extends back over 20 years in the industry, including two years as Vice President of the Vancouver Island Chapter of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada. Currently, he is on the Board of Directors of the Greater Victoria Film Commission.
- Renowned, award winning, creative director and production manager with over 20 years of industry experience ranging from print collateral, multi media development and website design.
- Portfolio approved for membership with the Graphics Designers Association of Canada where he sat for two years as Vice-President on the board of directors
- Considered one of Victoria’s foremost authorities on WordPress development, social networking and HTML5/CSS3 development
- Educator and public speaker on topics ranging from Social Media, proper creative design for web applications and custom WordPress website design and development
- Expert knowledge of all Adobe software, MS Office, Cubase, Basecamp and other production & development applications
- Experienced managing production teams including graphic designers, programmers, copywriters, photographers and third party service providers
- Active host, participant and educator in numerous WordPress and Social Networking conferences and events
- Greater Victoria Film Commission 2010 — 2013
- Board of Directors
- Graphic Designers Association of Canada 2007 — 2010
- Three years on the Board of Directors
- Two years as Vice President (Electronic Media and Website Design) of the Board of Directors
- North Douglas Community Center 2007 — 2010
- Co-founded a computer education center offering free classes to marginalized students
- Classes include Microsoft Office, website design and operating system management