Owner + Creative Director
Effective design is not about the medium; it is about the message. It is the ability to convey this message to the intellect, and a feeling to the senses – whether it be on paper, on a computer screen, or communicated through the ear
Understanding this is what makes Jon Valade unique. Whether it be designing print material, WordPress website design or music in his recording studio, Jon’s approach is the same – you must convey a clear message, with simplicity, beauty and grace. His style is modern and edgy but he always keeps the client’s goals at the forefront.
Jon also believes thatwhile creative talent is significant to the profession of Graphic Design, it is equally important to treat clients and colleagues professionally and with respect.
Jon has been developing websites and producing high impact corporate communication art in Canada since 1995 from his home in Victoria, B.C. He has a wide range of clients in Canada, the US and abroad.
Website design using the popular WordPress platform has given Jon a competitive edge, allowing unlimited creativity while providing easy updates and edits for clients.
“In an era where frequent website updates and online conversations are the key to being found in a Google search, you need to be able to communicate directly with your customers through your website,” says Jon, “ We have a product that allows people to do that easily, and retain all the advantages of excellent custom design.”
Jon’s design experience extends back over 20 years in the industry, including two years as Vice President of the Vancouver Island Chapter of the Society of Graphic Designers of Canada. Currently, he is on the Board of Directors of the Greater Victoria Film Commission.
- Renowned, award winning, creative director and production manager with over 20 years of industry experience ranging from print collateral, multi media development and website design.
- Portfolio approved for membership with the Graphics Designers Association of Canada where he sat for two years as Vice-President on the board of directors
- Considered one of Victoria’s foremost authorities on WordPress development, social networking and HTML5/CSS3 development
- Educator and public speaker on topics ranging from Social Media, proper creative design for web applications and custom WordPress website design and development
- Expert knowledge of all Adobe software, MS Office, Cubase, Basecamp and other production & development applications
- Experienced managing production teams including graphic designers, programmers, copywriters, photographers and third party service providers
- Active host, participant and educator in numerous WordPress and Social Networking conferences and events
- Greater Victoria Film Commission 2010 — 2013
- Board of Directors
- Graphic Designers Association of Canada 2007 — 2010
- Three years on the Board of Directors
- Two years as Vice President (Electronic Media and Website Design) of the Board of Directors
- North Douglas Community Center 2007 — 2010
- Co-founded a computer education center offering free classes to marginalized students
- Classes include Microsoft Office, website design and operating system management
David does volunteer work for the Early Music Society of the Island and the Health Care Co- operatives Federation of Canada. In his free time, he can often be found attending theatrical productions or hiking in the wilds of Vancouver Island.
Myrna Proulx lives by the words ‘Imagine – Create – Communicate’. A graphic designer with 20 years experience, she is expert at interpreting people’s vision and bringing it to life. She has expertise in web and logo design but specializes in print design, due to spending the first sixteen years of her career in the newsprint industry. She never ceases to get a thrill when she sees evidence of her work in logos, advertisements and posters. Myrna has a soft spot for charity work and is an active committee member of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, serving as their graphic design chair person. She arrived in her current home base in Shawnigan Lake in 2003 via Southern Ontario, and delights in the lifestyle that Southern Vancouver Island offers. In her spare time she can usually be spotted at numerous golf courses and curling rinks around Victoria and the Cowichan Valley.
DANIELLE HOBBS BURGESS
As an Open Source Developer, Danielle expertly creates websites using WordPress Content Management System. Danielle’s background is in XHTML, CSS, PHP, and open source development—specializing in WordPress development.
Danielle’s interest in development was sparked in 2005 and in 2009 she graduated with a Diploma in Open Source Development. Since then, Danielle has continued to hone her craft, keeping up with advances and trends in her field. She dedicates a lot of her free time to researching what’s new in WordPress and Drupal communities and is fearless when it comes to experimenting with, and implementing, new and innovative development methods and ideas.
Her favourite aspect of her job is delivering the finished product to clients: being able to bring clients’ visions to life and seeing their subsequent satisfaction is an immensely fulfilling conclusion to a project for Danielle.
On the weekends, Danielle is likely still working on websites, but she also makes time to enjoy the sunshine, good food, and most of all, her family.
Curtis, a recent graduate of the Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing Major program at Camosun College in Victoria, expertly designs and executes social media campaigns as well as develops and manages all things digital marketing. He’s passionate about helping business’s get the most out of their marketing campaigns, and enjoys using both new trends and tried-and-true methods to help boost their bottom line through marketing.
Curtis’s passion for marketing comes from a drive to follow the latest trends and understand how people respond to the way products and services are communicated, and ultimately how consumers go through the buyer decision making process.
When he’s not in the zone –writing, researching and living on social media– you’ll find Curtis at the rink, on the golf course, skiing, or out for a hike. When he’s in the office he usually has his headphones in, so ask him what he’s listening to; it’s almost always something different.