Eagle Nook Resort is a luxury fishing and wilderness destination on the west coast of Vancouver Island. Accessible only by boat or floatplane, it attracts a global audience looking for a remote and pristine wilderness experience of the highest quality.
The resort attracts avid fishermen looking for salmon and halibut charters, corporate executives who want a team-building excursion, adventurers who want to try kayaking and paddling in the world-famous Broken Islands and yachters looking for full-service moorage. Eagle Nook needed to be able to reach each of these interest groups to maximize the potential in their business.
Eagle Nook Resort found their poorly-built WordPress site unattractive and nearly impossible to edit. Because the staff had trouble working with the content management system, the information was out of date. The costs of managing the site were inflated, and worse, it was not converting site visitors into bookings. In the competitive market of wilderness resort accommodation, the site was ranking so poorly that even their ongoing digital marketing campaign was not bringing in results.
WordPress experts IdeaZone knows that not all WordPress sites are created equal. Using a combination of full-stack development and industry-leading design expertise, the IdeaZone team rebuilt the website from scratch. The new website features:
- Visuals that engage visitors
- Clear and compelling user experience for each of the interest groups
- Measurable calls to action throughout the site, so visitors can seamlessly make inquiries and bookings
IdeaZone trained Eagle Nook Resort staff so they can keep the website up to date, while saving money by adding regular, timely content and images themselves.
To make the most of the website, IdeaZone designed an aggressive digital marketing campaign that included:
- Keyword and competition analysis
- Onsite SEO including content strategy with the addition of keyword rich landing pages
- Google AdWords campaign
- Retargeting campaign
- Facebook advertising campaign
- Citation campaign and reputation management
Since working with IdeaZone, Eagle Nook Resorts numbers speak for themselves:
- 485% increase in site visitors
- 300% lift in engagement with potential clients on social media and on the website
- Even though they started at the end of their season, Eagle Nook Resort sold out the following season within three months.
Increase in site traffic
Lift in engagement on social media and on the website